Monday, November 10, 2008

Palm Springs

So I had mentioned before that we were out of town last week on our very first Family Vacation! We went to Palm Springs, about 40 minutes away, and stayed in a timeshare resort there. The resort was really nice with two large pools and water slides. We spent one day swimming and doing a sales presentation because we're not officially owners of this timeshare and that was interesting.
First we did a tour of the facility, very nice, then we were given an explanation of all the other resorts they own, also nice. Then our tour lady turned the experience over to a sales lady, not so nice! We told her we couldn't afford the payment plans, so she offered us a lower option, nope we said thanks though, then she got rude. She told us that we couldn't use the resort in Cabo Mexico next year, which we've already planned, because we need to buy more points. Now I'm not the type of person that just goes along with what someone tells me, and I knew I had looked up our options and we could go to Cabo, so of course I told her so. At which time she tossed a bunch of papers at the other lady, grabbed some reference sheet and looked it over in an uncomfortable long silence, then said, "Well you could go if you went just during the week."(insert attitude) To which I responded, "Yup, that's the plan" (big smile and everything) She said she couldn't help us then and stormed away. The pour tour lady just smiled at us and said she'd be right back with our $100 gift card for taking the tour. Ahhhh, customer service at it's best.
The next day Dustin woke up not feeling very well but we'd planned on going to the Living Desert, this really great zoo/garden/reserve place near Palm Springs, so we went. Damen got to feed a giraffe (of course I totally forgot my camera so I'm waiting for Dustin to download the pic from his phone), pet a goat, and see the neatest train exhibit EVER. Not sure why that was there with the Cheetahs and the Zebras, but whatever. We also saw eagles and coyotes, which wasn't really exciting for me having lived in the great northwest where those are pretty regular sights. After about three hours Dustin said, I'm done, we have to go back, and started walking to the car. By the time we got back to the room he was running to throw up in the bathroom. Poor thing was deathly ill the rest of the day. Damen and I went to the pool again that afternoon. The next day we packed up and came home so Dustin could be sick in the comfort of home.
All in all, it was a good experience for our first ever family vacation, we should do this more often!(minus the rudenss and the sickness)

4 comments:

Brett & Sari said...

Aaaaaahhhh...so sad about Dustin. Tell him he better get well before Thanksgiving. Yeah...those time share sales people can get pretty rude....way to go on telling her to stick it (in a nice, Melanie kind of way......of course) :)

Can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving!

Zak and Allysia said...

Yay for Cabo! You go girl!

Dan and Melissa said...

Glad you had a little vacation. Can't believe the lady was so rude...she must get some money off of each one she sells.

Emily said...

We loved the Living Desert when we lived down there!