Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy to be me.

As I was listening to Dustin bathe Damen in the next room, the sounds of laughter and splashing fill the house, it occurred to me I'm really happy to be me. Today we lounged around in our Pj's listening to conference, took naps, and listened to more conference. With some help from Dustins mom I decided I could make sugar cookies and frosting with just one stick of butter and no milk in the fridge(instant dry milk). So with Damen at my side we made sugar cookie dough, frosting, and dinner. After dinner we stayed at the table and rolled out, cut, baked, and decorated sugar cookies, just because we could. We felt the spirit in our home today, I'm really happy to be me.

The fruits of our labor:

Damen, after eating all the sprinkles/frosting he could:

The art of Cookie cutting:

With my new camera I can take pics in sepia, he's chewing on a puzzle piece, not a cookie.

2 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

The cookies look great! I love the sepia colored picture, that is so awesome your camera can do that.

Yvonne said...

I love Damen's sprinkles picture! He is getting so big!!!! I'm glad you had such a good weekend and I'm VERY glad you're happy to be you. I'm happy that you are you, too. :)