Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Recipes

I've been Gluten free for over three months now and it's hard to find things that are edible, experimenting isn't always successful, but these two worked great and since this stuff is SO fantastic I figured I should share it with the rest of the blogging world! For starters, where it says "flour" I used my all purpose flour mix of:
3 parts white rice flour
3 parts corn starch
2 parts soy flour
1 part masa harina(yellow corn flour boiled w/lime)in the mexican food isle.

Corn Bread (compliments of my friend Melissa)

1 c. Cornmeal
1 c. flour
1/4 c.sugar
1 Tlb baking powder
1 tsp salt

mix dry ing. together then add:

1 c. milk
1/3 c. oil
1 egg slightly beaten

Bake in an 8x8 pan at 400 for 20-25 min. Serve with yummy soup or chili or whatever, it's delicious!!

Ok, so this next one I made up the other night out of a creative need to have battered anything and coconut. ALL batters contain flour and that means everything deliciously fried too, I've missed it. Sorry the measurements are mostly aproximations.

Bread and Coconut battered chicken fingers:

2 thawed chicken breasts cut into strips.

2 Tbl mayonnaise
2 Tbl or more/ honey
2 Tbl vegetable oil
Mix these and place in shallow dish.

2 pieces of Tapioca( or regular) bread toasted.
1 c. coconut

Put the toast in the blender/chopper with or without the coconut and blend until fine crumbs form. Put the crumbs and coconut in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken strips in the mayonnaise mix then into the crumb mix, covering it well. Place on well oiled baking sheet and bake at 375 for 30 min.

I also made a garnish dip with crushed pineapple and Wingers freaking amazing sauce and more coconut. Served with rice.

YUM!

No comments: