Friday, January 22, 2010

How does He know?

How does He know that on that day at that exact moment we will need to be uplifted? How does He know?
I'm overwhelmed today by the upsets in life and by the ways in which He helps/offers us ways to overcome them. Today my house is in shambles, the rain just keeps coming. I tried to remind myself last night that I could live in a cardboard box and that this house leaks much less than that would, but it didn't help. I tried to think positively that today it would not rain at all, or much less at least than yesterday, but it didn't. To cope I thought we'd leave this drippy house for a bit, go to the library, I could definitely read my way through this situation, and then out to lunch with a friend. But the car wouldn't start. Really? I thought sitting there in the garage, REALLY? My neighbor tried to help but it looks like it's going to take a professional and all I could see were dollar bills floating out of the house and down the street with the rain water. What a day, what a week. I wanted to cry, I did, I let two seriously angry tears flow down my cheeks then I decided to be done being upset. I got Damen out of the car and since the clouds had let up for a second, we ventured down to the mailbox to get the mail. Once we got inside I sat down to go through it, hoping to take my mind off, well things, and there it was, a letter absolving me from my speeding ticket(another trial for another day) and offering me my money back from the county. There was an answer to a prayer that hadn't even been uttered yet. How are we going to pay for the car to get fixed? And the roof? Well, here ya go Melanie, here it is. There was two days of mail in that mailbox, I could have picked it up yesterday, but I didn't. I picked it up today at the exact moment when I needed to. So, how does He know? I don't always understand the little miracles that are my life, but I am eternally grateful for them.

No comments: