Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shadow Box for Damen

I Forgot to take a before picture, sorry I was too excited to get started!
I found this adorable unfinished shadow box at the Dollar Tree, and I should have bought all that they had!
First I put a piece of computer paper over the top and with a pencil did a rubbing so I could figure out the sizes of the boxes later.
Then I whitewashed it with a light coat of off white, only the sides, not the back inside.
Next I went through all of the embelishments/papers/stickers/ stuff that I have for scrapbooking and found/designed what I wanted for each box.
Then using the template from the rubbing I cut coordinating paper for the back and glued it in with plain white glue.
Using pop dots for dimension I glued the other pieces in place.

Total cost was $1 + tax for the box, everything else I had on hand.





TADAA!!

I hope the pictures pick up the dimension enough, I really like how it turned out!





Check out other ideas for under $5 at:


The Shabby Chic Cottage

7 comments:

Delightful Dwelling said...

That turned out so cute! I've made a few similar shadowboxes using those Dollar Tree boxes. They are so fun to make.

Embellished Bayou said...

Very cute!

The Jenson's said...

CUTE!

Zak and Allysia said...

Cute! Aren't you crafty!

Elder Esplin said...

What a fun idea! My boys would love something like this!

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

Yvonne said...

VERY cute!!! Can i hire you?? ;-)

Leanne said...

Very Cute! I bet he loves it.