Friday, May 14, 2010

BUG sense??

Creepy, weird, sixth sense? You decide.

This is how it went down: Last night around 12:20am Damen got up, went to the bathroom, he didn't quite make it so he got me up to change his clothes and put him back to bed. About 40 minutes later he made another appearance in our room. He's crying, comes up to the bed and says, "mommy, get it, there's a bug next to me." I was confused (and mostly asleep) and asked him something,(I thought he'd had a nightmare) he responded and was upset (my memory's a little fuzzy about the specifics)so I told him to get Daddy. This is totally the right response at 1am when your child's crying about bugs. So sweet daddy gets up with him and I hear some excited squeals from Damen and a light comes on, then a toilet flushes. I'm still confused, but now Damen's back in bed so I don't really care. I did ask Dustin what happened when he came to bed and he told me, but again things are fuzzy.
This morning I found a DI-sgusting roach in the kitchen and had to dispose of it, which reminded me of our late night visit from Damen. I asked Dustin what happened and here it is: After they left our bedroom Damen ran into the kitchen and pointed to the island saying "there, get it daddy" Dustin didn't see anything, but wanting to calm him down moved the island (it's on wheels), and sure enough there under it was a roach! Damen freaked out shouting "Get it! Get it!!" Dustin of course did "get it", smacked it with a random shoe and then flushed it (this is our official "roach" policy, just to make sure they're dead and gone), and put Damen back to bed.

I'm fairly positive I put Damen back to bed before and that I heard his bedroom door open just before he came in the second time.





So, was Damen up that whole time checking out the kitchen floor? Did he just wake up and KNOW that there was a bug in the kitchen, under the island? Or does he have some kind of special Bug Sense?
Creepy and weird!