The most wonderful thing about Tigger, is the same wonderful thing about me, there's only one.
I was made grateful and aware of that these last two days. Damen's been really sick, the first time he got off the couch in the past two days was today around 4pm. It was unusual for him and I was worried about his fever and his behavior. I laid on the couch with him watching Batman, Thomas the train, Teen Titans, UP, and many other movies. I got him apple juice and chocolate milk and forced him to drink. I took his temp and administered medicine. I mothered him.
I am incredibly blessed to be home each and every day. I am the only one, the only mommy he has. I am grateful for the call, for the opportunity, for the stress and the wonder and the joy. I realize it's not a reality for many other moms to be home, and it must be hard for them to leave. I hope I am always able to stay home with Damen, to be his only one.
3 comments:
It is a blessing to be a stay-at-home mom, especially in these times. And you are such a good mom ! I'm proud of you! And proud of your husband for knowing that you should be home with your son. :)
I think it is wonderful that you are able to stay home with Damen. I'm sure glad I can stay home with Olivia as well. I can't imagine not.
Hope Damen gets feeling better soon!
You are such a good mom, Mel. You've always been a good "mother-er," even when we were kids. :) I'm glad you are able to, and choose to, be home with your sweet man. :) I love you lots, my friend.
Post a Comment