Sunday, August 1, 2010

OH Pioneers!

On Pioneer day (July 24th) we celebrate the Mormon saints entering the Salt Lake valley for the first time. They struggled, they walked, they sacrificed. Our Stake had a big picnic with fried chicken, watermelon, water balloons, cotton candy, snowcones and this zip line.


When he got to the top of that ladder, my heart started to skip I was SO nervous! Who lets their baby do this??

Well, now that he's four I guess it's ok. He wasn't scared or nervous and did great. And he was older than a lot of kids in line!



The 24th of July always reminds me of the Pioneers in my own family. It's the day that seven years ago my Grandma died. She didn't cross any plains, but she was one of the first. My Grandpa joined the church first, then my parents, then my Grandma. They led our family to the gospel in a different way. My grandma was so much fun, so loving and giving. She spoiled us. We miss her, but because of her faith 40 years ago we can see her again, I know it.

No comments: