Thursday, October 27, 2011

INTRODUCING. . .

Mason Ryan 
Born on Oct. 8th
8lbs 10oz 
20inches
He's perfect!


This wonderful new addition to our family has been long awaited.  


To other moms out there, I have to say his birth was kind of a boring experience, compared to Damen's anyway.  I was induced one week early because of the Gestational Diabetes, we were worried about him being BIG.  So at 2pm we arrived at the hospital ready to go!  My paper work hadn't arrived though so we had to wait until after 4pm to get started.  Then the pictocin began to flow.  
Not much happened until 10pm when the contractions started to increase and I asked for an epidural, that was the worst part!  The anesthesiologist missed the first time, I had 4 contractions during the whole process, but Dustin held onto me and talked me through the whole thing.  
Then I took a nap.
Around 1am I was at 8cm and moving along. 
An hour later I  felt something strange, warm, on my legs and sure enough my water had broken!
Another hour passed and the nurse called the Dr. to come in, we were getting close.
Three contractions, and a few pushes and out he came.  He was born at 3:59am, I bawled, like a baby.
His beautiful head of brown hair was a surprise, so many differences from Damen.
It is amazing how something so TINY can take up so much space in my heart.
Welcome to the world Mason!!

4 comments:

heidi said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!!

The Jenson's said...

So happy for you

Zak and Allysia said...

Births are never boring! Congratulations!

Dan and Melissa said...

Congratulations again! He is so cute! It was so nice to see you guys and get to meet him!