Last night I was headed to the store. After a few minutes of trying unsuccessfully to get the car key into the ignition I called Dustin to the garage to "fix" it. He started in with a screw driver and the key, nothing. We worked at it for close to 15 minutes and the dang key wouldn't GO IN! Finally he got the Valet key from the house and miracle of miracles, that key worked. We tried the other key, nothing. Dustin looked at the two keys to compare and started to say that one of them was more worn down, then he stopped, handed me the car keys and asked me to read what it said. "Nissan", well that's strange, why was I trying to start the Toyota with Dustin's car keys? We laughed and laughed, so tired yet determined!
As I drove down the street (after digging the right car keys out of my purse), a song by Train came on, Meet Virginia, and my thoughts went immediately to 2001. We had tickets to their concert at the winter Olympics, but we were going out of town so I gave them to my coworker who had been trying for days to get into an event, any event. He took his girlfriend and they had a great time. A few years later he committed suicide. I started to cry. I couldn't stop myself.
This is the roller coaster of emotions I am currently riding. If you'd like to hop aboard I'd love to share some laughs or tears, whichever I'm up for both.
1 comment:
Love you Mellers!
Post a Comment