So I had a doctors appt the other day and he said that my Triglycerides are sort of high. Ok, whatever that means, I don't really know. He said I should try to lose some weight and to stay away from Carbs, like pasta, rice, potatoes, that sort of thing. Really, I say, does that include cookies, brownies, and cakes? Because that's really where my weakness lies. Of course those things are included. Hmmmm, I thought about it and decided that I could do this, but that Saturday would be my eat what you want day. And I did. Then on Sunday we went to a party, wouldn't it be rude to pass up dessert? Which was great, just an assortment of cookies and brownies, not kidding. I was doing really good today when Dustin got sick, sad I know. He needed orange juice, so I ran to the store at 10pm to get him some and wouldn't you know it, the store also carried Turtle Chex Mix (BTW thanks Lori:) I don't know what it looks like to pass up a good thing so I bought a bag. I actually poured myself a "small" bowl of it and as I walked over to the computer to do this, I licked up a piece out of the bowl, really I couldn't contain myself a second longer!
The doctor asked me before I left if I needed to see a nutritionist, I told him, no, I think I can handle it:)
3 comments:
Ha! Ha! Ha! Mel, you are so funny! Bah, humbug doctor shamocktor! Just kidding! I would take the opportunity to talk to a nutritionist the knowledge they give can be pretty motivating, I would LOVE to be able to see a nutritionist..instead, I just read a bunch of nutrition books and try to glean the truth from the crap myself...it can be pretty time consuming. Effectively changing your diet can prevent the need for any type of cholesterol meds (many of which have recently been proven not to work anyway). If I can help in any way, let me know!
Mel, You are great! I know what you mean. Tomarrow I'm starting my diet too. However, I have been saying that for a while. I'm not sure what tomarrow means anymore. Good luck. If you need a partner in crime, I can start one with you. I know you can do it again. May the force be with you! Jen
You are so cute. :) I am so with you on the choco weakness, but I have to say I really get in trouble with french fries, popcorn with butter, fried cream cheese wontons. I am a salty kinda girl! (And it shows!) I have been looking at my calendar and realizing how close it is to bathing suit season. Yikes. I guess we'll both have to keep showing up to those girl's sports nights. If that's the only excersie i'm going to get, i better make it count! :) See you there!!
Post a Comment