Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Not yet!
One of Damen's favorite things to do is to grab something with a handle, (like his toy tool box) kiss me goodbye and head to the door, where he'll jiggle the handle a bit then go find something else to do. Today it was a small cooler with a handle, only today I said to him, "no you don't get to leave yet, you stay here with mommy until you're five". Then it hit me, that's only three very short years away. We've already spent two years together, playing and laughing and napping. I can't believe how quickly it goes. And I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, even the tough days when one of us is cranky. I am going to miss those days and all the ones in between in three short years when he'll go off to Kindergarten and enter the world of school. Remember to celebrate this time that we're given to have the undivided attention of our children everyday. This time when we can build forts, play hide and seek, lay on the couch all day watching Finding Nemo, and when our children will look to us for their every need and laugh with us when we tickle them. Yes, I'll probably cry on the first day of Kindergarten, because I'm going to miss playing with my son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree...times goes by so quick, and they are so precious! Keep enjoying them!
Mel, I know how you feel they grow so fast. But just know each stage has something exciting (and frustrating) to go a long with it. You will be strong while his kinder-teacher takes his hand and pulls him into class. You will smile, wave and say "I love you", then cry all the way home. Then you will say "where did the past 5 years go". Just know this. You are a great mom. Love you! Jen
I agree...not yet! Kids grow waaaaaaaaaay too fast!!!!
Post a Comment