So, last week "Potty Training" was pretty unsuccessful. Damen basically screamed every time we tried to put him on the toilet or tried underwear. So after two days of cleaning up pee/poop we took a break. Today I decided to try some more, Damen was making that "I'm bracing myself for poo!" face and I ran him into the bathroom, told him he'd get a jelly bean if he pooped in the toilet and away he went! Ahhhh success, almost. After that he wouldn't let me put underwear or a diaper on him, which was fine, I've heard great things about potty training that way, until it was time to sit on the toilet again, then the screaming began. Since I can't chase him around all day anticipating bathroom faces, and he wouldn't sit on the toilet without massive drama, I decided to hold off, again, until sometime in the future. . .
I did get a great picture of him sitting "bare back" on his life size stuffed pony. That one's for the scrapbook!
4 comments:
Good luck..he'll get it. Oh the fun we are going to have with potty training...at least we should have some great stories! :-)
Mmmm...fun stuff, Melanie. I have to say I don't envy you a bit (well, maybe a little because I despise changing diapers!!) I wish potty training was easier.
Mel, I'm right there with you. We have tried so many different techniques. After taking with the MD and Marda, I decided that too much stress is not worth it. Eventually he will go. For now I offer, love, support and make him buy his own diapers (just kidding). Actually not a bad idea? At any rate, hang in there. We are pulling for you!
We are doing research into different potty training methods now...I'm NOT looking forward to the drama. We've started gradually...Belen has started grabbing at her diaper and taking it off when she needs a change so today when she started to do that I asked her if she needed to go potty and she ran to the toilet, put the lid up and tried to climb on! I was dumbfounded! We are not equipped to start potty training yet, no stool, nothing. So I just ripped off her poopy diaper and sat her on the toilet. She sat there for about a second before she wanted down. So I got her down and she watched as I plopped her poopy from her diaper in the toilet and I let her flush it down the toilet. With luck she will make the association on her own and when she's closer to 2 we will do the real thing.
Post a Comment