Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yes, I took a picture!

Today was a landmark day for us, Damen peed in the toilet!!!
I decided to get serious about this potty training. Damen sat on the toilet for a while, but he just wanted to play with the toilet paper so I took it away. He pined for it and I told him he could have it if he went potty or poop on the toilet. So he got this very concentrated look on his face and went to work! He peed right away and I of course jumped and yelled and ran to get the camera. Afterwards Damen asked for a "wipe" meaning toilet paper and I gladly gave him a square. About an hour later, while I was paying close attention, he pooped in his underwear, oh well, one success at a time:)

5 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Wow! I had no idea you were starting potty training....way to go! I'm impressed Damen went in the potty already too. Good luck to you!

Zak and Allysia said...

Yay! Good job Damen!!! Man, days without diapers! How awesome would that be!?

The Jenson's said...

Hey there's nothing wrong with taking a pic of your son on the potty....(just as long as you don't take a pic of when they first go poop in the potty and them standing right next to it like on Jon and Kate plus 8)
Way to go Damen....keep it up!

Yvonne said...

Good job Damen! (He is so cute!)

www.gallamorewest.com said...

Horray Damen!! And I think it's totally normal to take pics of them on the potty... but then again, I also took pictures when Jake was getting shots. So I'm probably not the best person to take picture taking advice from :)