We had a great trip!
The drive up wasn't exactly enjoyable, I got car sick halfway there and had to drive, but it was entirely my fault for telling Dustin to stick to back road highways instead of the freeway. We stayed right in Fisherman's Wharf, which was great for entertainment, food, and cable car access. We bought a City Pass that got us access to free cable cars, 3 Museums, the Aquarium of the bay, and Alcatraz. We used all but one of the passes and got to see a TON of neat places. My sister, Kari and her family ended up visiting San Fran at the same time so we caught up with them at Alcatraz and for dinner in China Town. Dustin was investigating online and found out about Fort Point, it's right under the Golden Gate bridge and we went there first.
You can just see the enormous block building right under the bridge. Oh and did I mention that it was foggy and windy and the perfect weather!
This was pretty much Dustin's favorite place, maybe a toss up between Alcatraz.
I got this great picture of the inside corridors.
I didn't take any pictures at the Legion of Honour museum or the Exploratorium, but we were there.
The Aquarium was really neat, there were these long tunnels to walk through and the fish above represented the actual marine life in the bay. This picture of the school of anchovies was great.
We also went to Alcatraz, it was really cool to listen on the audio tour to actual guards and inmates recount life there.
We also ate REALLY well, at Bubba Gumps Shrimp, Hard Rock Cafe, Carpo's, in China Town, Ghiradelli's ice cream, the list goes on. . . I'm working on losing the excess energy I stored while we were there, all 5 lbs of it.
On the drive back we decided to take the PCH all the way down, it was absolutely gorgeous!! The fog rolled in over the ocean like a fluffy white blanket and made for a spectacular view. We literally drove along the cliffs, just hugging the ocean all the way back. It was a perfect end to a great trip!
4 comments:
Wow, you guys went so many cool places! What gorgeous pictures too, beautiful scenery. I think we need a vacation like that now.....
I love San Fran! One of my favorite places in the world. Glad you guys got to have some time together!
Looks like you had a great time! The pictures are gorgeous! I'd LOVE to get out of Bakersfield again. I haven't seen a cloud in AGES!!!
Looks like lots of fun! And Happy Anniversary trip! YAY!! :)
Post a Comment