Friday, October 24, 2008

OH HELP!

For the last four, that's right, FOUR days in a row Damen, our sweet sweet son, has woken up before 6am, ranging in time between 5:15-5:40. His bedtime has been varied too because of different things he went to bed at 8pm once, his usual is at 7pm, then we tried to put him down early because he was exhausted by 6pm. Yesterday he was the grumpiest thing I've ever seen and it took everything in me not to harm him. He literally cried for 20 minutes about something, I never did figure out what it was he wanted. This morning was no different, here I am at 6:12am hoping, praying, that this morning will be better. As soon as he woke up from his two hour nap yesterday he was the awesome, sweet son that I usually have. So, anyone reading this in the next six hours before nap, any suggestions on how to keep my cool?? Or, on how to keep him happy?? Thanks from a slightly stressed, tired, feeling guilty mom.

2 comments:

Zak and Allysia said...

Kiddos almost always seem happier when they are outside playing...you could try that...on days when I'm really clinging to sanity I let Belen play in her room by herself. Sort of the toddler version of what they tell you with newborns when you absolutely have got to get away.

Dan and Melissa said...

Well, hopefully it's just a phase...as Olivia is being difficult herself. She just finished her 3rd day in a row of not taking a nap, and she has been grumpy as ever as well. Maybe they can both get back to a more normal schedule....and soon! Until then...good luck!