They left on Monday and on Tuesday we drove to Vegas for the night. Then headed up to Dustins sisters house the next day. We stopped on the way for lunch at Wingers, my all time favorite restaurant, with Christi. And now this gets exciting, twenty minutes after we arrived at Sari's house, I fell down the stairs, no surprise there, I tend to lean towards clumsy. However, the aching, bruising, swelling of my left foot left me pretty "gimpy" as the family put it, for the rest of the vacation. Thankfully, there were plenty of aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma and grandpa to help with Damen and a very comfortable couch for me to ice/rest my foot. Turns out I broke my big toe and there's not much we can do but drug me up and tape it to the next toe over, yippee:)
Otherwise, the kids (Dustin included) had a great time! We did manage to slip away for some soccer (don't worry I was the goalie), and Damen didn't even take notice, what with all the cousins to play with! We got to see Tara and Josh's baby, Benjamin for the first time, what a cutie, so much like Damen. My sister Christi came and hung out with us too. On Saturday we went to dinner with Brian and Corinne and their daughter Whitney, old friends from our Murray living days. Corinne was due on Thanksgiving, but the little guy didn't arrive until yesterday. Later that night we met up at Temple Square to see the Christmas lights with some of the family. I forgot just how beautiful it is there.
So after the turkey and the fun we headed back, stopping in Toquerville for a visit with some old friends. Thanks again Matt and Emily for good food, fun, and breakfast! The next morning we went to visit Dustins paternal Grandma and Grandpa("great" to Damen). Then we finally headed home. Down below are some pics from the trip.
Great Grandma and Grandpa
Temple Square
Grandma and Grandpa (Dustin's parents)
Ryan and Damen jumping jumping jumping!
Benjamin
Garrick, Conner and Tyler (cousins)
Blake, Trish and Lincoln
3 comments:
I hope your toe feels better. My sister has broken both her pinky toes (everytime while she was pregnant) and had to do the whole tape thing too.
Glad you had a good trip...except for the hinderance of your toe of course. I like the picture of the 3 of you at Temple Square. I'm hoping we can take Olivia there while we are in UT for Christmas. Wondering though why "Twilight" made you homesick. Is there a vampire in your past? :-) hehe.
Sounds like you had a good time! Well, except for the whole toe breakage factor.
Post a Comment