I wrote this yesterday, it wouldn't post so I saved it until today, when looking back at it, I feel really bad about complaining!! But I decided to put it up anyway, because honestly we all have these days.
I wish the Goblin King would come take my baby away, RIGHT NOW!
Ok, not really, but that's how my day's been. We're on day 6 of the 3 day potty training(only three days, REALLY??), and so far it's ok, not 100% successful every day, but most of the time we get to the toilet.
Today though, Damen, my sweet sweet son that I love very much decided he didn't want a nap so I tried EVERYTHING from bribing, yelling, sweet soft talking, singing, threatening, he peed in his bed, pooped in a pullup, went to the "bathroom" 6+ times, laid down in my bed, laid down on the couch, switched up his nap time toys, took off his socks, and finally, after three hours I gave up!
He was really awful to his buddy this afternoon and has been in time out 3 times in the past hour. Right now he's having some quiet time in front of the TV and I'm having my own quiet time on the computer. Much needed quiet time or else this Mommy just might have wished for the Goblin King to take Damen away!
5 comments:
I love that movie! That quote is so appropriate for those days that we all have. I think I might order it in vinyl lettering to put on the wall in the girls room.
Oh, I feel your pain Melanie! I take them on a little ride in the car when Jake won't nap and it works most of the time... just did it today in fact. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
You are doing an awesome job. Just look what a great mommy you are! On days like these, I impliment "Media Day" where the kids get to watch as much TV as they want. If you put an official learning title on it, you won't feel so bad.
I know all about the no nap thing. Olivia and Damen seem to keep going through those phases together. As for everything else (like the potty training and such) I don't know about yet. I think you are doing a great job though!!!!
So sorry for your pain, but very glad to see that you are normal! Seriously, that is my everyday. I love when I get advice (esp. from trevor) because all I need a a couple of hours away, a maid and time at the spa. OK, I would take a bath alone and a couple hours of solid sleep. Don't ever feel bad for being honest- it's so much better than the "sickly my child is so perfect" act that seems to be everywhere. When he starts to write his name in poop, then I will expect to see a blog about it. This is why I say kids are so cute, beacuse if they were ugly and "curious" than we really would kill them. Love you, laugh and know you are NOT alone!!!!
Post a Comment