Friday, February 6, 2009
February 5th, 1998
On that night so many years ago, with the help of my good friend(Yvonne), roommate(Alisha), and a boy I hardly knew(Blake), I was set up on a blind date for our Dorm Dance. The theme was a Hawaiian Luau, very fitting in February in Idaho, we had Teriyaki Chicken and rice for dinner and dressed up in Hawaii/touristy outfits. I danced that night and fell in LOVE with my date. Dustin was amazing and he didn't even know it, in fact he wasn't even trying. We used to celebrate this day every year as the beginning of the end, but it's gotten lost over the years as more important things/dates have crept into our lives. But yesterday I made Teriyaki chicken and rice for dinner and Dustin danced with me in the kitchen, and we remembered that night, the night I fell in love with my husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Aw, that is so sweet! Both the original night & your anniversary last night. I love remembering those early moments. So, did you know you'd be eating Teriyaki chicken with that same boy 11 years later?
So sweet! What a great way to kick off the Valentine's season!
I'm so glad that you fell in LOVE. You are a great sister-in-law. Glad that Dustin realised what a wonderful woman you are. Keep Smiling! Jen
YAY! And that was the happiest day in all of the Howard's lives! We are so grateful that you're in our family Melanie! Dustin too, but that's a given. :-) Love you guys!
HI Melanie! I was so happy to find your blog via Stephanie Watson's. You have an adorable family!
That is awesome! we do that too. Try to remember those little special moments. We dance in our kitchen too. :)
What a great story. :) Blind date, eh? They really do work out sometimes. :)
Post a Comment