Ok, way back when we started potty training, in January I think, we didn't focus too much on pooping, I figured we'd get what we could into the toilet and be grateful. Well, here we are almost three months later with a very well "potty" trained boy, but not so much a "poopy" trained boy.
We've tried everything to get him to poop in the toilet, bribes, lectures, taking things away, giving him things, trying to catch him in the act, playing it low key, EVERYTHING!! Then after asking most everyone and reading almost everything about it, I called my friend Kelly, who I've known since before we could even remember hanging out (like 6months old), who has 4 kids, and I figured she could tell me something I hadn't heard already. And she did! She told me her oldest daughter wouldn't go for anything, just didn't care(same as Damen), so they told her she could go to Disneyland if she went in the toilet and that sealed the deal. I thought about it and figured Damen was just too young to even understand what that would mean, but I tried it anyway. I showed him a video of Bob the Builder at Legoland and told him if he pooped in the toilet we could go there and see him in person, and whatdoyaknow, IT WORKED!!! He's not perfect, who is, but since Sunday he has gone in the toilet almost every day, and today no accidents so far!!! HALLELUJAH!!! So, Legoland here we come and thanks Kelly.
5 comments:
Well, in reference to your post, me and my husband are both "perfect" at going in the potty. He-he-he Way to go Damen!
WOO HOO for poo in the toilet!! I know I was excited when Cameron was finally potty trained! No more Pull-Ups, no more accidents, no more finding him hide in the corner trying to avoid going into the bathroom....:D Have fun at Legoland! Let me know how it is. We might go in July when we're down there.
Um...if I go in the potty, can I go with you to lego land??? ;-)
Good job Damen!!! :)
Awesome! Good Job, Damen! What a big boy! Belen told me that she's scared to go poo in the potty...right after I read something that said that was a silly adult idea that children are scared to poo in the potty...humm, where do these child "experts" get their ideas anyway?
I'll have to try that idea out on her...maybe instead we will go to a children's museum or something.
I got the homemade gift you sent me. Thank you so much! I love it! You did a wonderful job and I am so grateful that the words on each of the pictures have so much meaning to me and they couldn't have arrived at a more appropriate time.
Post a Comment