Wednesday, September 2, 2009

#100 & Fragile Handle with CARE

This is our 100th post!! SO exciting!!

So yesterday I was ordered/advised by my new doctor to try an eating plan/diet, in the hopes of helping my infertility issues. The new plan involves no gluten or dairy, sounds like fun!
This morning I decided to start my day off with eggs, easy and on the OK list. I reached into the fridge and in my dismay at being awake and attempting to cook at 6:40am, I dropped the entire egg carton on the floor. Unfortunately not one made it out alive. Now picture this, 11 eggs and shells on the bottom of the fridge and floor, a little messy right??? WHAT THE HECK. Without using 1000 paper towels how on earth are you supposed to clean up 11 eggs off the floor??!!?? My method involved a spatula and a dustpan, maybe a good idea if the dustpan doesn't get too full and drip out the back as you're escorting the mess to the sink. 7 or 50 trips to the sink later it was "better" but at this point it was time for the paper towels. I sprayed some cleaner stuff down first then mopped it all up and sent it to the trash can with final farewells. It was even more sad because those were eggs given to me by my neighbor straight from her backyard chickens! Thankfully we do have 30 or so eggs on hand for just such an occasion, and with the help from Dustin(retrieving them from the fridge) I was able to continue on with my gluten/dairy free breakfast.

We later left for the morning and enjoyed some time with friends. Upon coming home two hours later a strange and unpleasant smell greeted us. Did you know that raw eggs in the trash can smell REALLY REALLY bad??? Well, now ya do!

Happy 100th post to us:)

3 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Wow, sounds like a very exciting morning! Congrats on post 100...I have a ways to go!

Brett & Sari said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I shouldn't laugh...being up that early and having to clean up a mess isn't fun. But this made me laugh. :)

Misti and Eric said...

This is funny, and maybe now it's time to consider getting a dog. He would have had this mess cleaned up for you in a snap. :) ha ha :)