Monday, December 7, 2009

OH and Thanksgiving too!!

We drove to Washington to surprise my family. My Dad was really glad to see us, I don't think he stopped smiling for two hours after we got there! Mom knew because it was accidentally leaked to her, but it turned out ok, she was able to plan for a few more mouths to feed. On Tuesday morning our other sister that "wasn't" coming to Thanksgiving flew in to surprise every one too. We had so much fun!! Damen's cousins, otherwise known as "the boys" of course had a ball playing together. We ate turkey on Wednesday because Lori had to head home on Thursday. On Thanksgiving Day Dustin went with my sisters to play in the Turkey bowl, he came back breathing and barely limping so it wasn't too bad. Later that day Christi and Kari and I went for a drive and ended up at Dougan Falls. We hiked around, took pictures, and laughed a lot, it was great. Friday night I got to hang out with some old friends, catch up and see Jodi's husband's band. It was all very entertaining.
The drive was long and boring, next time I'll be prepared with some sewing, but it was worth a week with my friends, sisters, parents, grandparents, nephews, and brother-in-laws too!

View of Mt. Hood and the Columbia River.

The BOYS! Robert, Damen, Zack, Nick, Kaden.







It was raining during our adventure up to the falls, but we didn't care, we're true northwesterners! Well, sort of:)

No comments: