For the past 10 weeks or so, I've been dealing with Gestational Diabetes. It really stinks to wake up every day and think/obsess about what I HAVE to eat for the next 15 hours.
Is this enough protein?
How many carbs are in that?
Do I have a snack to take with me?
Etc. . .
So, in July when we were visiting family in Washington, my great friend Yvonne gave me something to add to my mornings. Choffy.
It's an amazing drink that consists of ground cocoa beans. That's it. Cocoa!! And who doesn't love chocolate in the morning? Especially chocolate that's FREE from sugar and only has 3 carbs/serving!
It's not like throwing baking cocoa in hot water, it tastes fantastic! It's brewed in a coffee/french press for 4-5 minutes and then drink it up.
I like to add a few dashes of cinnamon while it's brewing and then a teaspoon of splenda and some milk to cool it down and make it creamy in my cup.
It's been such a wonderful treat to have and I honestly think anyone who tries it will agree.
If you'd like to try it, or learn more about it, go to:
I'll gladly brew you a cup anytime too:)
No comments:
Post a Comment