Finally I called the organization and asked what was up. They said we were late signing up and were on the "wait list", it had 40 kids on it, and there were already 30 teams!! The only way to guarantee he played was if I coached. I said yes in a heart beat and thought about it later.
I thought about it a LOT. I felt like being a "Soccer Coach" was a great responsibility. Even if it was only pee-wee indoor soccer.
The team was small, only 8 kids playing 6 v 6, but they gave it their all!
Damen played goalie most of the time. Once he was playing forward the last half of a game and he scored 4 goals! He liked it I think, but he keeps asking me when he gets to play Basketball, and I am NOT coaching that.
Me and Damen at his Soccer party, with his prized trophy! He was convinced he was the only one getting one because he scored so many goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment