For the last day of school I wanted to do something nice for Damen's teacher. He was really great with Damen and we were so happy having him be Damen's first school experience. I started out with an idea to write a poem and transfer it to a plaque somehow. I wrote up the poem then searched online and found this tutorial. It was exactly what I wanted to do!
First I found these pictures that I've had for FOREVER. I had even put two holes at the top to hang them by with my sisters Crop-a-dile because I was going to do something with them two years ago? Anyway, I tried to remove the picture first, but it was glued on pretty tight to the chipboard so I ended up sanding it a bit instead.
Then I painted it using white, black, and purple to get this aged black board kind of look.
Then the poem. For this trick to work you have to print it using a "mirror" image, easier said than done my friends! That took way, WAY too long to figure out, but my digital scrapbook program figured it out finally and on I went.
Once it was transferred I had to fill it in a LOT with this tiny brush and some black paint.
I strung some Raffia through the holes and TaDa, a one of a kind Teacher gift for our favorite Kindergarten teacher!
No comments:
Post a Comment