Monday, March 24, 2008

Oh what a day

So today has just been, hilarously entertaining and I had to share. It started with lunch, Damen had fish sticks and tater tots, which now have to be dunked in ketchup before consumption, it's his new thing. Don't worry, he also had cheese and fruit. Since I finished my meal first I got up and went to the cupboard to get myself a chocolate doughnut, you know those mini ones. Damen devoured his meal and I figured he deserved a doughnut too (note this story has no nutritional value!). I offered it to him and removed his empty plate, at which point he began to freak out, hollering and reaching for his plate. His other "thing" is that he won't eat food off the high chair tray, it has to be on a dish of some sort. So I bring back the plate, as soon as it's within arms reach he tries to thrust the doughnut into the leftover ketchup. At which time I say "EWWWW" and again remove the plate. Again the freaking out, so I gave him a bite of my doughnut and show him how delicious it is, minus the ketchup. He finally gave in and ate his doughnut.
About an hour later I'm in the bathroom, taking my time, and Damen's favorite thing to do during this "down" time is to remove everything from under the sink, line it up, then put it back. I wasn't paying much attention, until he got very still and quiet, I looked over, he had lifted his shirt and was applying an unused deodarant stick to his belly! Very cute, there were three different kinds under the sink and he tried all three.
Later I put him down for a nap, he seemed tired. He was quiet for about a half an hour and I thought, great he's sleeping. I headed back to get some laundry from our bedroom and I heard this really strange sound, kind of a swish, bang, swish, bang. Very lightly and at first I thought it was coming from outside. Then I realized it was coming from my little "napper", he was reaching through his crib and opening and closing his dresser drawers!
Since it hasn't been an hour yet, he's still there in his crib, presumably going through his drawers looking for ketchup covered doughnuts, and not sweating a drop! (from his belly anyway:)



As an after thought I brought the camera in with me to get him up. Apparently he was also planning his escape with the borrowed toy bin.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Ha! That does sound like quite the entertaining day! I especially love his attempted escape!

Esther Ogden said...

He is so funny! You are a good mom, Smelly!

Jen said...

Aren't boys the best! There is never a dull moment (or a quite one for that matter). Thanks for sharing a bit of Howard humor with us. We love you guys! So excited to see you soon. Jen