Thursday, September 18, 2008

Poopers

The title does not refer to actual bodily functions but instead to my mood. This past year we've been trying to conceive with the help of my fantastic Dr. Unfortunately it hasn't worked and we've maxed out on treatments. We are taking a break now and I know it's our only option for the moment, but I still feel poopy about it. I think, no I know, this is why I haven't been sleeping well. In talking with good friends and family I know I can overcome my pity party by focusing on my MANY blessings. I've also been humming a lot of hymns which helps when I'm not paying conscious attention to what I'm doing/thinking. So, I'm working on my poopy attitude/mood, wish me luck. Oh and prayers wouldn't hurt either.

3 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

I'm always available to talk to! :-)

Yvonne said...

Well, maybe we could talk on the phone for 3 or 4 hours every night. I know that helped me out the other night! :) I love you, Melanie. Things will happen, they will. And by the way, its ok to feel poopy sometimes. Just know you always have good friends who will try to cheer you up. :)

Zak and Allysia said...

I'm sorry, Mels. We've yet to conceive as well but don't have insurance that will cover any sort of treatment. I know we haven't been trying for a terribly long time but I know these things happen if and when it is the Lord's will.