In case you didn't know, Damen is allergic to Peanuts. We've kept him away from most other nuts too, just in case, but I wasn't too worried because he had a broad allergy test over a year ago and peanuts and wheat were the only things that came up. So yesterday as I was hobbling around trying to unpack and do laundry, Damen sat down for a snack and I was having some delicious cashews and decided to share. After a few minutes he was asking for more cheese and I noticed the cashews were seemingly untouched, then I noticed his face. Red, blotchy, all around his mouth, the exact same thing that happened with peanuts. I hurried and gave him a benadryl and decided to watch and wait. About an hour later he started to cry and cling to me, so I picked him up and started making lunch, then he started throwing up. When he finally finished, me, the floor, and the garbage can were covered in vomit and Darrell was running around completely oblivious. Since Damen wouldn't let me put him down and there was lots to do, I called my neighbor over to stay with him while I cleaned up.
SO pretty sure that Damen is also allergic to Cashews, great. I looked over the allergy testing they did a year ago and the only other nuts tested were Almonds and Pecans, not allergic. One of these days we'll have him tested again to check ALL nuts, until then Damen is a nut free zone!
2 comments:
Oh poor you! I didn't know he threw up too! Yes, no nuts for Damen!
Poor Damen! Sheesh. Yes, no nuts seems like a good idea for now....
Post a Comment