Sunday, April 18, 2010

I used my grandmothers paint brush today

April 17:
I did, I painted with my grandmothers paint brush today.
I decided on what to do with two of the IKEA plaques today. See here: http://howardsx3.blogspot.com/2010/04/plaque-shelf-drawer-front.html I took the yellow painted one and a plain one, sanded them up and then rubbed on some stain, rubbed it off and let it dry. I decided to use the painted/stained one to make a welcome sign for our front door. I cut out the letters w/my Cricut and traced them onto the wood, then I needed a tiny, itty bitty paint brush to fill in the letters. None of mine would cut it so into my Grandmothers stash I went and found this perfect one:


I saw this idea on someone else's blog, (no idea where, sorry) to paint the first letter on burlap, nail it on, and paint the rest of the letters. The idea I saw had the persons last name on it. I think this one turned out nice.



The other one I used this vinyl lettering I've had for a long time, added some ribbon, a metal heart, and a nail. Perfection!! (well for me anyway!)






I'm linked at :

Transformation Thursday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are both fantastic, I love your style!