Thursday, August 25, 2011

1st day of SCHOOL!!

Well, we did it!  We started Kindergarten.  I say we, because it really was a collaborative event.  Dustin had to convince me to let him go, and Damen of course is the one that actually goes.   

Don't you love the posing?  He's so cute, who would want to send him away every single day??  Ok, enough of that.  

He was very excited, grabbed his back pack first thing in the morning and was ready to go (even in his jammies!)


He showed us around his class room, played with the little people castle, listened to the teacher when it was time to sit on the carpet.  And never even looked up when we left.

After school was when he told me he had cried, he wanted me.  Really, those were his exact words, who would have thought from MR. Independent?  
It's nice to be needed, but I also realize that we need this, school, kindergarten, growing up.    

1 comment:

Dan and Melissa said...

Maybe it's the haircut, but he looks so grown up! I love your idea to have the sign that says 1st day and the date. Good idea!