The other night Damen wanted to make his Daddy a cake. Not just any cake, oh no, a VERY special cake. While I was feeding Mason he went to the cupboard and got out the following:
Cake mix
food coloring
chocolate chips
ONE graham cracker
oreos
red and blue sprinkles
and strawberries from the fridge.
We started with the yellow cake mix, added chocolate chips to the batter then baked it. When it was cool I realized I had about a Tablespoon of powdered sugar, so we improvised with a frosting that you cook, it was ok, but won't try again. Damen picked the colors for the frosting, blue and green and directed me on how and where to frost it. Then I was instructed to draw Batman on the blue part. Damen was very specific, can you see him? Next came the blue sprinkles put on the green hot lava.
Then the desert, I had to crush the graham cracker for that part.
Then the three, oops two (mommy ate one) strawberry mountains.
Next came the oreos, they were bombs being lobbed at Batman.
Last came a suspicious pile of red sprinkles, Damen couldn't explain what that was for.
And there you have it, a very tasty, very special cake for Daddy:)
PS the chocolate chips all sank to the bottom and made a lovely crust, and except for the frosting Damen did all of the decor by himself!
1 comment:
What a creative kid! You did a great job making it work out and look good!
Post a Comment